Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hyundai i10 second year service

It's fast approaching the time for my Hyundai i10's second year service, my doesn't time fly. I have to do this in order to maintain the 5-year warranty and as such I think it best to have it done at a registered Hyundai garage to avoid any "But you didn't have it serviced at a... " wriggles. My first year service cost around £150, my second year's £300... say what?

Time to shop around, so I contacted another local garage or at least tried to. I've rung and had someone promise to get back to me. They've then tried to call me at home despite me giving them my mobile number (I'm already in their database). I've called them back and left a message. I've called them back again to find they'd left. I called again this morning and was put through to an answering machine again. Then lo and behold a call on my mobile, they'd tried my home number again and this time had the sense to try the number I gave them to call.

Oh they didn't have that information to hand, but they'd get it for me, was this the best number to contact me on? Yes, yes it is [sigh].

[Update - tried a third garage and got a price straight back. Not much different to the first one though he did go into more detail as to why it was more expensive this being a major service rather than a minor one]

[Update - second garage, even more expensive]

4 comments:

Walkerno5 said...

Try DTE on Hoo Farm industrial estate (assuming you haven't already) - 01562 823011. They're always pretty competitive.

FlipC said...

The kicker's in the small print of the warranty "Part of the warranty conditions is that the customer has the car serviced and repaired by the standards set by Hyundai"

So there's nothing stopping me taking it to an 'independent' garage except how do I guarantee that the service is to the "standards set by Hyundai". If something went wrong it'd be difficult for them to argue that an accredited garage listed on their own website wasn't up to scratch.

Unknown said...

Out of all latest launches in hatchback category Hyundai i10 has outperformed others.Its a best deal to buy in this segment.

Ruchi Parihar said...

It is a very nice information about Hyundai i10 car.If anybody Wants to Buy Hyundai i10 Tyres Online please visit Tyreonwheels.