Monday, August 02, 2010

Paprika Pringles

Yes, yes crisps bad for you high in salt and fat I know yet I like Pringles if only for the resealable and transportable tube. I like the Originals; I like the Barbecue, I can eat the Sour Cream and Onions; but I'm quite partial to the Paprika flavour ones. So where are they?

Sainsbury's don't do them, Tesco don't do them, Co-op don't do them, Hooty's don't do them, Iceland don't do them, Cooltraders had some and now they don't. I've a few more chains to check and then I'm down to the newsagent sized stores who occasionally stock the brand.

The site still lists them as existing yet I  can't find any. Anyone in the area spotted them; anyone out of the area having the same problem or are your shelves stacked with them?

7 comments:

walkerno5 said...

Can't help you on the pringles I'm afraid, but I did have a problem a while ago with my snack of choice; Scratchings.

Supermarkets only sell the golden bagged delicious-but-not-quite-a-proper-scratching Mr. Porkys variety, but for some weeks about a year ago neither Tesco or Sainsburys were selling any scratchings. I became rather annoyed with them, the midlands should be covered in scratchings of all varieties. The newsagents and the like did the business for me, but I think you might struggle more with the pringles.

Also, Sour Cream and Chive is the best Pringles flavour. Renounce this heathen Paprika and join the true church of chive!

FlipC said...

That's it Sour Cream and Chive or The Green One that isn't Cheese and Onion :-)

Yeah I should join the Celestial Chive if only for the reason I can't scarf them down like a pig as I can with the Praised Paprika or the Blessed Barbecue. On a side-note what do you make of the Extremes or the Expressions (or whatever the hell they're called), personally I couldn't stand any of them.

As you say odd about the scratchings given our locality (then again what is sourced locally nowadays?), playing back my memory and I note they were about and then weren't at Sainsbury's. A bit like the Beef Jerky that appears in fits and starts.

Always the proper butchers or the pubs I suppose. On this it's difficult for me to help, although I like the taste I'm not keen on the texture.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried OCADO.COM - they seem to have them in stock. On BOGOF too right now.

FlipC said...

How odd I did look at this site and I'm sure it wasn't there. I knew they did the mustard (but not the ume seasoning) but it's that £40 minimum that's the stickler for me.

Great if you buy in lumps, not so great if you buy as and when.

Thanks for pointing it out at least it gives me an option.

Driving lessons said...

Good thanks

Anonymous said...

Got some of Waitrose, yummy.

Anonymous said...

YES! Where did the paprika pringles go?! They always seemed very popular (always sold out when pringles were on offer); but then, as suddenly as they arrived, they vanished... very peculiar.