Monday, August 09, 2010

Dream

I only tend to remember my dreams when ill or placed under some form of discomfort, even then I don't tend to record them as they tend to be boring to all except those who experienced them.This one was slightly different if only for its consistency so please forgive me for writing it down.

I was visiting a cinema with my parents (unknown location) the screening was in a room to the left of the reception. We headed in, took our seats and watched. I have no recollection as to what we watching only that it was inordinately long, so long in fact that an intermission was called. We all needed to use the toilet so along with many others we got up and followed the signs to the left. However reaching them we found that it was the ladies toilets only. Someone stated that the men's toilets were on the opposite side. All the men duly rushed back into the screening room, with so many it became a crush and I ended up armrest jumping - hopping from one armrest to another along an empty row such that I reached the other end first.

Through reception and through another set of doors I was presented with a locker style set of doors most of which were marked as locked. Someone stated they were late and yanked open one of the unlocked doors and rushed through, I found one and opened it to find myself staring at the back of an aeroplane seating area. I came back out and found the toilet door, but this lapse had allowed everyone else to catch me up. We all pushed through the door and found a busy area with a crammed raised 'trough' in the middle of the room.

My father had caught up with me and we managed to squeeze in at the end. Finishing I headed to wash my hands, then dry them. My father was getting annoyed with me for the length of time it was taking to dry them, but I finished and he took my place.

At this point a little more surrealism kicks in. I walked to the exit passing the women with the pushchair who was extracting her child "You're all wet" before she hurried through the doors set into the wall (that I'd missed) that led to the same aircraft as before. I got a glimpse of the normal hurrying through them - people putting away bags, standing up, sitting down; then I headed out.

Past the worker who was flirting with a co-worker he said something I forget then promptly knocked over a tray with his mop handle. Hurrying through the doors to the reception, in case the film had resumed, I wasn't in an easy position to hold open the door for the stereotyped catholic nun who was heading for them. Heading for the screening room doors I was stopped, by another nun before me and the previous nun grabbing hold of the back of my trousers.

"How dare you not hold the door open for a nun" the first nun stated.
"Firstly you weren't near the door" I replied. "Secondly I'm not Catholic and more importantly I'm an atheist"
"I'll see you burn in hell for this" she replied
"Well according to you lot I'm already heading that way so that's hardly a bother to me is it"

I extracted myself only to see my mother exiting the room with a big grin on her face
"Has the film finished?" I asked
"No I just wondered where you and your father had got to"
"He should be right behind me"

At that point I awoke and thought "What the hell was that all about?"

0 comments: