Monday, August 02, 2010

Coronation Gardens, Kidderminster

For reasons I won't go into (yet) I found myself near the Coronation Gardens in Kidderminster site of the murals as depicted on Tav's Flickr Page. While I enjoy the murals it's difficult to get the full picture of the second set due to all the cars parking as shown to the right in the picture linked. Now to me this indent looks like an old bus-stop and certainly memories buzz at that which means it's public land and the double yellow lines along the edge mean no parking. So how come it was full of cars when I popped by?

2 comments:

walkerno5 said...

As a once frequent frequenter of a certain little drinking establishment in that vicinity over the last 14 years (by crikey that makes me feel old), I can confirm that the indent has been used for parking in all that time. Never known anyone to be booked.

FlipC said...

I did wonder if it was private land, but it doesn't feel like it. If it's not then letter of the law it's an offence; spirit of the law they've not impeding any traffic flow either pedestrian or vehicular so I've no real problem with it.

If the council had any sense they'd formalise the arrangement with bays akin to the ones just further up and remove the lines.

It's just with this parking review I'm expecting the letters to come through on the lines of "I've had a ticket while parked here and I wasn't on the road so it doesn't count" to which I'll sigh and once again point out the same thing I have each time this happens :-)