Monday, August 02, 2010

The dropping of lines

So I can't find Paprika Pringles and WalkerNo5 can't find scratchings. I know my parents are getting a little annoyed with the Co-op because they can't find a particular sauce although I have no sympathy for their taste for that watery concoction much preferring the Tiptree versions (oo I didn't know they did a mustard sauce). Likewise I've been asked to keep my eyes open for Bachelors Rice in a world that seems dominated by Uncle Ben's.

I've long given up on the delicious Honeycup mustard and now it seems I'm also having to give up on the Ume Plum Seasoning from Clearspring which added a delightful zing not only to salads but also as a substitute for salt and vinegar on chips.

I've also switched from the Cassis and Cranberry Shower Gel to Chocolate and by personal choice I'm going to try the Lime (it was a big cheap pack) so expect the Chocolate to vanish should I not care for it.

What irritates me the most is not so much their disappearance, but that in so many cases it's just the one item from an entire range that vanishes. All the other flavours of Pringles are there just not paprika, all sorts of different mustards just none with honey and/or cider vinegar. So many Clearspring products just not the Ume, so many Original Source Gels, just not the Cassis and Cranberry.

I swear it's as if they're monitoring my shop and purposefully removing some of the 'oddity' items I bought regularly just to mess me up.

0 comments: