Friday, January 30, 2009

Speeding

A shout-out to the black saloon car at 17:30 coming out of Baldwin Road last night. Turned right into the Total garage and roared through there, I'm not exaggerating the noise and fast-movement are what caught my attention in the first place, he got stuck coming out into Gilgal; sat on my arse up Mitton Street and then roared past myself and the car in front of me on Lion Hill to turn into York Street.

Travelling fast? He overtook us half-way down Lion Hill and by the time we'd turned the corner he was turning into Bridge Street from York Street. By the time we got to York Street (and we were doing just under 30mph) he was on the brow of the bridge. Measuring the distances he'd have to have been travelling at approximately twice our speed, that is 60mph, through the town.

As per usual never a copper around when you want one; though saying that I bet if there was s/he wouldn't have going that fast anyway.

0 comments: