Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Well yes I suppose so, not as if this date has any true astronomical significance - now the solstices or equinoxes that's different.

Anyway this year's winter solstice holiday I spent with my mother's family which included Devil Child - under three and highly independent she wants to do everything herself. She's also a right little chatterbox and incredibly neat in that she would open a present at a time then go off to bin the wrapping paper before looking at the present and moving on to the next. Her father The Artist had brought his PS3 up with him to try out on his father's new 42" - amusingly the Sony TV wouldn't automatically recognise and switch to the Sony PS3's output signal, so we had to change it manually like primitives or something. It also had overscan so half the radar map on Call of Duty 5 couldn't be seen until I altered the settings with major trepidation from my uncle "This won't mess up anything else will it?"

I wold say the games are better in 1080p, but the biggest difference was simply the size of the screen - I suppose if I was playing on a non-1080 42" and switched I'd notice a difference, but meh.

Boxing day was with the other side of the family - the Bratii; with Minor pestering me to play on the PS3 pretty much from when they walked through the door. I taught them how to play poker instead.

A day of peace then Devil Child et al came over; got the Artist interested in Fallout 3 and Burnout Paradise; both he and his wife were quite taken by Little Big Planet.

More peace, but another couple of days and I'll have to go into work - I might want to shave first though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year