Monday, December 07, 2009

Rebuke

Just had a car blare its horn at me for daring to cut across it. Yep that's right I cut across them so I rightly get a blast.


To be precise I was turning right and the approaching car was turning left. There was a car behind them that wasn't indicating and thus carrying on, but the gap between them and the slowing down effect would allow me to pull out safely.

So what went wrong? Well to start with the non-indicating car was speeding, they didn't slow down to accommodate the clearly turning car in front of them and thus had to either slam on the brakes or overtake it at a point where overtaking is prohibited.

As braking is for sissy's therein lay the problem. I had newly occupied that lane, which happened to be the one they wanted to use to overtake the turning 'slow-poke' in front. So I get the rebuke, of course I do makes sense.

0 comments: