Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blu-ray players

As mentioned Pater and Mater have the HD television from Sainsbury's, but not a Blu-ray player. Mulling it over I mentioned to them the possibility of buying a PS3 Slim.

I'd forgotten how much they were - £245 for the 120Gb version, £270 for the 250Gb. With the BDP-S360 (the non-Sony centre version of my BDP-S363) at £130 it's a bit steep.

What does set the PS3 apart from my parents point of view is the wireless internet connection and browser. This means Dad can check/bid on pricedrop.tv or whatever without having to run upstairs and wait for the computer to boot. In other words use it the same way I do when I just want to quickly do something online. The other advantage is the direct link to the BBC iPlayer, hopefully at some point the other channels will catch on and make their players compatible.

Well it's not urgent might as well wait for a bit and see what happens.

0 comments: