Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Skype problems?

Just had to restart my laptop twice this morning, constant hard drive activity after Skype logged in. The second time around it had lost my password and showed me the welcome screen after I logged in then froze up, so this time around I just quit the programme. So far so good. So not sure if it's anything to do with the problems they've had over Christmas or something gone wrong with my installation.

[update]
Okay not Skype because it's just happened again. fiuve minutes in and Isee constant hard drive activity and only the mouse can move with no interaction.

Damn it

[update 2]
Hard drive light stopped, now flashing occasionally, still no response. I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens.

[update 3]
Safe mode with networking works fine. I've used msconfig to turn off the AV etc. so let's see what happens. I'll just let it start and do nothing with it for a while to let it settle. Still some major hard drive activity going on, but google cpu meter still repsonding and desktop icons still responding on hover. Okay HD activity nomina to zero. Still waiting a bit.

[update 4]

Well it took long enough but Skype finally logged in. so far so good.

0 comments: