Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stourport High Street blocks

Those with long memories may recall my mentioning that when work was carried out back in December 2006 on the High Street in Stourport they replaced the block paving with non-matching blocks. No don't get your hopes up this isn't about them finally getting around to replacing them. Last month (IIRC) work was being done next to the Wheatsheaf where this discrepancy was most obvious. I thought nothing of it until a skip turned up outside HSBC and drew my attention to that area. The blocks are now grey and seem to cover a different area.

Now I'm trying to find my original photos which aren't on Flickr for some reasons, but I'm sure it was a case that the difference was in texture more so than colour, yet here we have some slabs that appear completely different.

So yet more digging through my files to find out what's going on.

0 comments: