Thursday, May 20, 2010

PSN Portable ID updating

Yeah that little graphic to the right that shows my current trophy score from the PS3. Does it update or does it not do so automatically?

From the 23rd April I've purposefully avoided logging in to the Playstation site to see if it will update. As of today it still shows me at Level 11 with 716 trophies. My PS3 tells me I'm level 12 with 811. I'm guessing not.

So I've logged in at the Playstation site and "My Profile" tab is still 716, but the "My Trophies" tab shows the correct 811. I've not clicked the update, but instead just returned to the "My Profile" tab and now it shows the correct 811.


So you have to log in for it to update. So what? Well you can't do this from the PS3 itself. So if you use your console with a keyboard on the internet and frequent various forums and want to add your Portable ID to it. It will NEVER update, unless you get access to a computer.

2 comments:

Dan H said...

I don't know if it updates or not. I use Greasemonkey to delete that whole green box from the page. I don't want to see adverts for gaming companies, and the flicking between photos above it, I've always found distracting. The bio I've already read, and I don't use or want Google Friend Connect, so losing those in the collateral damage isn't a great loss for me.

Greasemonkey's great for making websites more like you want them to be.

FlipC said...

But that's all important stuff!!!!

Heh that's something I keep trying to impress on those who set-up websites. Some people don't have javascript enabled for every site, some don't have flash enabled, some have ad-blockers, and some can just tune the site to snip out the bits they don't want to see.