Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I think you're Common People - Tory video spoof

Spoof Tory election video via Liberal Consiracy. Regardless of your political leanings, you've got to admit it's well done. I wonder what Jarvis thinks?

Transcript of lyrics below:


I went to Eton paid a lot for knowledge,

I joined the Bullingdon at Brasenose College,
that's where I...
Caught his eye.

He told me that his dad was loaded.
I said "Mine too we should run this country".
He said "Yah"

And then in 30 seconds time I realised.

I'll need the votes of Common People.
I must pretend to do the things that Common People do.
Then I'll shit on the Common People.
Then I'll shit on Common People like you.

What else would I do?
I'm a Tory that's what we do.

So I became MP for Whitney.
It was an easy seat I had to start it somewhere
So it started there.

I met some people who had no money
I laughed and laughed and said "Hah that's so funny"
Gideon said "Yah"
Couldn't see any of them laughing though

But I'll need the votes of these Common People.
So there's some things these Common People mustn't see.
I'll hide my Party from the Common People.
Cos if they see them they'll never vote for me.

I can hug these hoodies and ride my bike,
But there's some things the Proles won't like.

Gideon on a rich Russian's yacht,
Back-benchers who still like shooting fox,
Homophobia, Ashcroft's lies,
Boris talking old school ties.

Then once I'm in we're set for life,
Cut public spending overnight,
Sack all healthcare, Cut some jobs,
Support the rich guys and fuck the yobs

I'll have the votes of the Common People,
Turn my back and do whatever I want to do.
I'll turn my back on these Common People,
I'll turn my back on Common People like you.

and then Gideon and I will go for drinky-poos.
because we're Tory and that's what we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheer bloody genius!!!!!

Anonymous said...

For a song written and released before the election, there's a scary amount which is coming true of this!