Thursday, May 06, 2010

The new government

I try not to be biased here and I'll try to stick to that as I discuss what the outcome of the General Election could be. First off I really do hope we have a hung Parliament. Despite the fear-mongering from both the Parties and media I think that a shared Parliament would be closer to the democratic decision of the people via the vote.

Trying to plump for one party over another is difficult, to be blunt I don't like any of them. At their higher reaches all of them seem only to pay lip-service to the ideals of serving the public and concentrate more on retention of their own power and furthering their own agenda.

So if the Conservatives get in will we return to the 'halcyon' days of Thatcher with private interests trumping public ones? If Labour retain power will it be the status quo a steady erosion of personal liberties performed ironically to protect us. If the Liberal Democrats get in what will they do? Will it be the same as the early days of the Labour regime when they couldn't shake off the feeling that they were still the opposition party and acted as such?


I don't know however the one thing I do hope for and having shared this with others to peals of laughter and applause and much "God that would be so good" would be for whichever Party comes out on top to do so without their leader having failed to win over their own constituency.

As my friends said it'll never happen, but it would be so good.

0 comments: