Monday, May 17, 2010

Driving courtesy

Ah wonderful Vale Road I come round in lane 1 but want to cross over into lane 3. I do what I'm supposed to do that is continue in my lane and find I can get into lane 2 very easily as all the traffic from Mitton Street is sticking to lane 3.

I slow down looking for a gap, there's one behind the car that hit the Road at the same time as I, but it's not quite large enough unless the car behind them slows their acceleration a bit. They speed up instead.

Rather than do what most do and break the speed limit, blast up the second lane, and force my way in; I slow down some more to see if I can get in behind them.

The car behind the accelerating one does indeed slow down a little and lets me in. I merge and slam on my brakes as the accelerating car turns right into Mitton Walk. Oddly enough I can't see a right-turn indicator when I'm on the left-hand side of the car. Now if he'd slowed slightly I could have merged in front of him with little difficulty and he wouldn't have suffered in any way. Honestly some people.

0 comments: