Thursday, October 01, 2009

Lengthening journey

So I leave just past 8:10 and arrive at Ombersley at 9:00 that's 7.5 miles in 50 minutes, to be precise that's 5 miles in 20 minutes and 2.5 miles in 30 minutes.

To add insult to injury DaBoss had turned up early and had supposedly left at 8:30 via the same route and got in before me. Yeah how the hell did that happen? Well the only deviation he took was at Holt Heath, instead of left, left, he went left straight left and came out of Church Lane thus cutting off the queue that I must have been in.

The time difference I'm betting was caused by Mister "What's the Use in Hurrying?" who trundled along the whole way at 20mph or left wonking great gaps in the queues he did reach.

5 comments:

Don B said...

What about an alternative detour via Hillhampton (two ways for you to get to there) and thereby eliminating the first of the two left turns at The Red Lion. You could, as your boss did, ignore both left turns and go down to Holt Post Office and then turn left.

FlipC said...

Down Rectory Lane or left at Shrawley onto Hillhampton and join the Witley Road there; something I considered, but it just seems too intuitively wrong to travel in yet again the wrong direction and the chances of meeting or getting stuck behind something agricultural seems increased.

Still better than sitting in a queue going up a hill I suppose especially if it's taking this long.

Might try it tomorrow and see how it fairs.

FlipC said...

Of course the other option is to dispense with Shrawley altogether and just head into Great Witley and stay on the main roads seeing as I'd be pretty much heading there anyway.

Don B said...

I had in mind going out to Great Witley as possibly the quicker of the two although much longer. The other way is to turn right up Church Lane in Shrawley and past the Church and my house to Hillhampton. Church Lane is the last road on the right after the Village Hall (the old school) and just before you drop down to The Lenchford.

Don't turn down Rectory Lane you will mearly end up on the B4196 again.

FlipC said...

Heh yeah you're right I know, the way in my head just names get lost :-)

Anyway I went through Gt Witley in the end and that was really smooth.