Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Approaching birthday

My birthday next week (yay?) and inevitably I get asked what do I want to do as a family celebration. I needed the reminder actually, I knew it was coming up but from the age of around 12 it's been "Woo-hoo I've lived another year big whoop" I mean sure if I were living in some poverty/war/famine stricken hell-hole or had a profession as a stunt double/marine this would be an achievement.

Anyway the base assumption is that there's going to be a family affair and that it will occur on the closest Sunday and that my only options are which particular brand of hell I wish to taste ;-)

Option A - Have it at Place A where's there's plenty of space except where I'll be holed up with the Bratii keeping them entertained (and the noise down), or
Option B - Have it at Place B where I'll still be holed up with the Bratii, but in a smaller space.

I did try to break with tradition and opinion option C - Go out for a meal; but that got shot down as a) that's be dinner and not tea and b) they'd still expect to go back somewhere for the aforementioned tea; so that'd just bring us back to the first dilemma.

Again note the assumption there that we can't go out for an evening meal; or at least not with the kids. An evening meal means 7/8pm start with a late end and with the next-day being a school night... no we're not holding it on Saturday.

So I'm going to do a search for a Sunday evening meal starting around 5/6pm in a place that will do children's portions; will tolerate the antics of the Bratii (only mildly needed though as they're getting much better), isn't filled with beer-drinking yahoos, isn't much more than an hour's drive away from either side of the family and has a car-park. In other words I'm having to rule out a lot of pubs and the better restaurants and a lot of in-town places. I'll ask DaBoss he knows most of these things.

0 comments: