Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Men in yellow jackets

First things first though if I'd expressed disapproval of the cars mentioned in my footnote here I'd be eating my own words; fortunately I didn't. Yep I've just recreated that little scenario playing the second car. The beeps had stopped, there was no-one crossing, and the car in front of me moved off, so I followed. I was just on the crossing when I twigged my opposite number hadn't moved and glanced up to see a steady green figure on the side of the light. I'll say it again these lights are now more dangerous.

Okay onto the men in yellow, we had two guys manhandling a piece of wire fencing across the bridge step entrance to the Riverside Meadows, that's the death-trap stairs rather then the spiral ones. We also have a theodolite sitting on the Bridge Street end of Raven Street and two guys at the other end with other surveyor-type equipment.

I'm trying to think what would be going on here and I'm stumped. It might be the continuation of the pavement across the mouth of Raven Street, but that would be insane seeing as they've just laid down the textile paving slabs. Of course there's always the Wyre Forest District Council site that'll keep me informed as to work going on in Stouport... oh I crack me up sometimes.

0 comments: