Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kidderminster Shuttle revamp - The Saga Continues

Huzzah they've finally enabled commenting on the blogs, you know those items that people are most likely to comment on. Of course those of us in the know have been able to comment since the revamp, but it's nice that the little people can have their say now too :-).

They've also stopped using the mini-thumbnail images of the bloggers as the main images on the front page so no more blurry jagged images; although they haven't updated the profile pages yet.

Sadly you still cannot see how many comments an entry has until you load it and as users still don't have the ability to track replies that's a bit of a pain.

You now can't get to the blog index page 'correctly' except via the front page as they've removed if from the "Local Info" section; oh and you still can't go beyond the third page of the news (2) except by manually upping the counter to 10 then continuing in 10 increments.

As I say in a comment I'm giving Lydia the benefit of the doubt over my erased comment. For those curious as to what Tav is referring to I took up Lydia's 'challenge' of

£3070 for six months of 7 hours a week!! You do the math!
and did the math. The result that was for fees, rent, and books she being charged around £40 per hour which I compared to the hourly rate of calling out a computer technician at being at least £50 per hour and therefore could hardly be deemed extortionate.

I then mentioned that she'd spelled accommodation incorrectly four times in three different ways, as well as university, medicine, and extortionate as well as using a your in place of a you're; ironic as she's taking a degree in English. Doubly ironic when done in an article asking exactly where all this tuition money is going. To indicate that this wasn't a personal attack I made sure that I twice made mention that these sort's of errors are easy to do when typing and that I've done it many a time myself. I just found it amusing.

0 comments: