Monday, August 13, 2007

Out shopping

A fine weekend so my planned quick shopping expedition was on; I was on the prowl for CDs DVDs etc. which are all available at cheaper rates online, but monkey-brain wanted to pick things up and turn them around; so a trip to Merry Hell, sorry - Hill.

I swung by Wilden, which I'd been avoiding, just to see what was going on and wow workmen on a Saturday. Routed my way around Kiddy and headed for Stourbridge, (yes there are other, better ways I just prefer this route - it's scenic and tends to be quiet at the times I head off) passed The Crown (Hi Mick), bumped my way through Norton (I don't think it's been resurfaced in 10 years) and onto the main ringroad. Took my normal exit and joined the queue...? Ah a sign further up telling me that there were roadworks and I should expect delays, well gee thanks you couldn't have told me this before I'd committed to this exit. I'd have taken the next one, or looped and taken the one before if I'd known.

Anyway into Hell and parked in the multi-storey in the shade. Grabbed some books from Waterstones, and Games Workshop. Some clothes from M&S including a new hat. Virgin had nothing I was interested in, and HMV was closed for refurbishment - damn! Had to remember WH Smith was now on the ground floor only; you walk past the magazines on your left, the bookcases on the right; keep going in to the children's section then sharp left into the equivalent of an alcove where DVDs, CDs, Video Games, etc are kept. If this were a chemists it would be where the men's products would be kept. Anyway nothing there to tempt me.

A wander and into Hotel Chocolat ooo slabs of chocolate, ribbon packets filled with yummyness, small packets, big boxes. How much?! £4.25 for a small bag, £2.75 for six truffles - be strong; resist. So I walked out head held high... and about £20 lighter and with an urge to get everything into a refrigerator before it melted. <sigh>

Sunday was another nice day, so I headed out to Hartlebury Common (at last) to get some pictures; blue skies, fluffy white clouds followed by black clouds and spittles of rain tcch! Pictures to be uploaded as per.

0 comments: