Thursday, August 23, 2007

Local bits and bobs

A good dose of fresh air last night and this afternoon left me thinking of the sea-side, well we always have the water and the seagulls, but in this case it was the heady aroma of horse/donkey dung, amazing the associations our brains make.

Work opposite OGL continues, I really do need to get down there for some photos before they actually erect something. I had planned for another look at Millfields on Saturday so hopefully I'll swing by.

I should have mentioned the scaffolding now in place around the old Jobcentre that went up last week and now there's now a shiny banner too; Premier Homes I think.
[Update 24/8 Premier Scaffolding]
Might just be working on the flats rather then the potential restaurant at the moment.

The squared York Street pothole seems to be holding up so far, the quick-fill jobbies on Areley Common, Dunley Road and Worcester Road are starting to sink though.

The work on Wilden Lane may be having an affect on businesses on the wrong side of the divide from the Industrial Estate, with rumours that some might just shut down for the remaining time. The distances involved are hardly daunting, yet I suppose it shows the reliance on cars these days that it can make such a difference.

0 comments: