Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Continuing the Orange saga

For those joining in the middle of this story in the beginning was this, which led to this. Now we continue with

We have checked the sender code user of 85233 and can confirm that they are a known download company.

It confirms on our systems, that the only way to receive alerts from this company, are to initiated from the handset by sending a text to the advertised shortcode.

I trust the above information is useful.
Huh? Yes I know they're a download company they told me (eventually) who they were. Check out that second paragraph, now does that mean that I won't get charged for texts unless I send one back, or that I would only be getting these messages because I've 'opted-in' to something?

Back goes another questioning email.

0 comments: