Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blocks on High Street, more adverts, and where's the rain?

Thanks to Tav's comment on Quick traffic Update I now know that the High Street was done in Blockley's Castleyard Chamfered Paviors. Having no shame and being terribly cheeky I gave them a call, told them I was doing a story on Stourport High Street and needed an expert eye. I then pointed them to the picture on Flickr "Repair Work High Street 2" The conversation went along the lines of -

Blockley's: "Hmmm yeah those certainly look like ours"
Me: "The Castleyard's?"
B: "Yeah"
Me: "Can you see where they repaired it?"
B: "Yeah the red ones, those aren't the same"
Me: "Same texture?"
B: "No clearly not"

So are the Castleyard's still available? You tell me. So what were the ones that the repair company put down. I could give them a ring, but I suspect they won't be as nice to me as Blockley's.

Okay a couple more adverts, not lack of consistency one just amusing and the other personal. Barclay's have been pushing their expertise in buying property abroad and is being fronted by some TV programme property women who's name I can't recall. Apparently 1 in 5 people plan to buy a house abroad, how do they know this? They have a source - the Alliance & Leicester; sorry that just cracked me up.

Next advert is to visit Western Australia the real Australia, trouble is I keep wanting to change the lines to- "Visit the Real Australia, spend your money, then bugger off home" Why the ire, my godparents are English teachers and have been working their way around Asia. They got to Brunei or Borneo (or both) visited Australia, really liked it and applied to stay. They're teachers, financially independent, and they were turned down. Ah well never mind New Zealand took them instead.

Apparently today we were going to be hit by a torrent of rain, in fact as much rain in one day as we'd normally get all month. So of course the skies are a brilliant blue with not a cloud in sight.

0 comments: