Friday, October 22, 2010

Teaching the kids

Watched this morning as a women tried to drag six kids and push a seventh across the three lanes of Vale Road. Out into the queue of the third lane (the sun is out and low) she went and peered around the vehicles to see the other two lanes.

So we go to all the trouble to teach children to always cross where they can see clearly, where it's safe etc. and then undermine it all by pulling stunts like this. And before anyone thinks I'm just criticising the generation under me, I watch those of my generation and those above me (who really should know better) doing the same thing.

Sure sometimes the road layout stinks and the local council in their wisdom has positioned crossing points in areas that prevent you seeing what's coming; but that doesn't excuse all of it.

0 comments: