Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wonderful Amazon

As mentioned in another entry Amazon are doing under a fiver films etc. so I've been having a browse through adding some in to replace the old VHS tapes now I've consigned my VCR to attic.

Checked my basket Tuesday and at the top of the page - "[Movie A] has increased in price from £4.98 to £5.98 since you placed it in your shopping basket" Hmm well I'm still adding stuff so I can take it out at purchase time.

Checked this morning "[Movie A] has decreased in price from £5.98 to £4.98 since you placed it in your shopping basket" Hahahahahaha.

The other bit of nice news was that season 4 of Blakes 7 has for the first time in six months dropped in price from £38.98 to £36.98.

Now that HD-DVD has been scrapped it seems re-releases on Blu-Ray is picking up; of course the question is how these films are being transferred. Are they rescanning the original film, do they have a high-resolution digital copy or are they just upscaling it? I think the movie studios learnt their lesson when they just transferred VHS quality over to DVD, but heck it's worth checking.

0 comments: