Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why use a bin?

Stuck in a queue again I watched as a car two ahead of me indicated and pulled up over the pavement to park outside Worcester Road Motors. "Hmm", I thought. "A bit late to do some car shopping"

The car in front of me passed her and stopped in the queue. I held back rather than pull alongside the parked to allow the occupant more room to get out, which she took advantage of. Out she came with a white bag in her hand wrapped around something. "Delivering something?" I thought.

Except she waited next to her car trying to cross the road (ignoring my existence I might add). This is odd as there's nothing really opposite there. Anyway she crossed and I could now move forward and past her car, but still I was curious and thus watched in the mirrors as she walked across the scrub and up to the railings before shaking out whatever was in the bag and walking back to her car, getting in, and indicating to pull out back into the queue.

Never a copper around when you want one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know if you take down the licence plate of the vechicle, you can pay about £2.50 to the DVLA to obtain the registered keeper's name and address?

FlipC said...

Actually I did make a note, but as it was from a distance in a mirror I felt loathe to publish it lest I falsely accuse someone. No such unwillingness in my latest post.

On the release of information from the DVLA. You do need to present reasonable cause for the request; fortunately it's hardly a blank write-in request with cheque and SAE :-)