Thursday, August 21, 2008

Naming and shaming

A new label for this post "Name and Shame" I'd just popped some petrol in my car at the Shell garage in Vale Road and was lucky enough to hit a quiet point in the three lanes of traffic with one car turning into lane one with something behind it.

I pulled out crossed both lanes to lane 3 (yes I was indicating) and accelerated up to 25mph as I approached Gilgal. When I spotted a white van at my rear travelling at speed.

Obviously my pathetic 25mph in the 30mph limit wasn't good enough for him so he swung around me and barged back in.

I caught up with him at the island and we both turned right, myself with a slight delay from a car turning right out of Worcester Road. He in the meantime had blasted off down the 30mph limit until coming to a slowdown behind a car doing the speed limit. He then proceeded to tailgate this vehicle all along Worcester Road until I turned off and he was still doing so as I made the turn.

Oh did I put out that it had just belted down with rain and thus the roads were sodden with surface water? Seriously sodden - a car travelling towards me splashed up enough water to spray the pavement next to me.

Anyway White Van licence KU54 HYK I'm talking about you.

0 comments: