Monday, February 01, 2010

BioShock 2

Yes yes, I've succumbed to temptation and ordered the Collector's Edition of BioShock 2 which means I'll get a vinyl LP as well as a CD copy of the music, three posters, and, most interesting to me, a hardcover copy of the art book. At least time they're doing it here in Europe last time we got nowt when everyone else got Big Daddy figurines, big surprise.

From the picture it also looks like you get the game itself in a standard DVD style case, which means I can take it out and leave it on it's own so as to play the game without having to open boxes and remove stuff to get at it, did you catch that "Batman: Arkham Asylum"? The ability to take the game out of the collector's box for separate storage rather than having to slide a cover off, open a box, remove a batarang and then dig out the open cardboard foldout so as to get the game. Seriously this is perhaps the one reason I haven't played this game as much as I would; it's such a chore to get at.

Now I don't normally do this, I wait until the demo is released and the critics have taken it apart. If it gets released without a demo, or before the print mags have a chance then there's a good chance it's not that great. But this is BioShock and it can do no wrong ;-)

0 comments: