Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bit of a break

Having some time off to do some work around the house and garden - hence the rain. Also got to get my car MOTed and it's always easier to do when you're not having to use it. Anyway here I am looking at the miserable weather and cleaning out my spam and I have to remember to call the dealers and see if there's a confirmed date for my new car other then 'the end of this month'.

Had a wander around Stourport on Sunday (heh new name for the town beats Stourport in Traffic). I've been neglectful of late of the Swan end of town and thus hadn't seen the shiny new front of M&Co. Apparently it's all women's clothes (and possibly kids) but if it gets popular they might get some mens stuff in too, which would be nice.

Took some photos of the road wear in Vale Road, the Stour bridge, and York Street (to be uploaded as and when); and the state of the pavement in Bridge Street. I also had a shufti at the new houses on the Thomas Vale site and once again wondered why, after building more houses, they subsequently narrowed the access road down to a single lane?

I also got a good look at the Bridge Street 'feature' outside the old Job Centre which is a stylised map of the town, except I'm going to have to dig out my pre-canal map and check something out.

Oh and I note they were putting the lights back up on Monday looks like Central Networks again.

0 comments: