Friday, June 20, 2008

Kidderminster Carnival

Huzzah the Carnival is tomorrow leaving New Street at around noon before getting to Brinton Park. For us out-of-towners there's plenty of parking at the park itself... well okay no there isn't, but there's a car-park nearby oh wait that's the Netto one um yes the one in New Street itself holds just under 40 cars that's only about 700 yards away normally a bit full though. Ah there's the big ones in town they'll only a mile away all Pay and Display of course so you'll need to allow for travel time there and back. Yes indeedy the streets around the park are going to be packed.

Heh tried to look at bus timetables, so I want to start here where I know there's a bus-stop and finish somewhere around here where I'm not sure there is one. Oh no you can't do that you can only search on each major stop and hope that it passes by where you want to get off. Anyway it would look like I need a #3 which makes sense as I know that passes down the Stourport Road to get to the Hospital, except from what I recall from someone else who took it recently it would cost me more for a return ticket then it would to pay for parking... hmm it would give me 'unlimited' time though. I'll have a think.

Wouldn't it be nice though if you could click on a map and have it find the nearest bus-stop and work out which service(s) you can use?

2 comments:

Don B said...

Have you tried http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/ as a source for these journeys when you don't quite know where the bus stops are?

FlipC said...

I have now :-) Actually that smiley face logo is kinda familiar.

Huh offered an odd first choice of starting point seeing as exactly what I typed in was the second choice (you want me to start in Coventry?), oh and no Brinton Park though it did have Brintons Park Nurseries with a stop opposite Northumberland Avenue.

After checking on Google Maps made me utter "Well duh of course there's a stop there you dope."

Looks like I've a choice between the 3 and the X3.