Friday, May 30, 2008

Zombiefied

What a fun day I had yesterday. I should have spotted the symptoms on Wednesday when it took me three attempts to pronounce "propriety" and my temperature seemed to plummet (I ignored the first and assumed the latter was due to the screwed up weather) nevertheless I headed to bed as normal only to wake up around 1am in a state of mild dehydration. My nose and throat were claggy, my head and limbs ached and along with both of these the sound of my own heartbeat was keeping me awake.

I kept losing water quickly and stayed in a semi-doze until it was time to get-up and head to work. So no proper REM sleep, very achy, claggy, and still dehydrated. I think I need a lie-in. Said lie-in lasted until about 4pm. Feeling better with a good night's sleep though still a touch cricky in the neck and a hot sensation up my nose but good enough to venture out.

"Great" I thought until about 10 minutes ago, when my speech started to slip again and my balance started to skew. From typing my reflexes are still keen so driving is fortunately still an option, but I'll have to see what I'm like this afternoon. Anadin's seemed to help last time, but they have a tendency to knock me out so I don't take them if driving.

In better news I noticed I appeared in the print version of the paper again under the awards for the bridge entry and I may be appearing as a commentor in Which? magazine on a point about photography and print ratios. They want to send a professional photographer for a portrait to put next to the entry for "a more human touch" so no doubt it'll be while my nose is streaming and I look like I haven't slept in a week :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'awards for the bridge' entry was excellent. A classic pie-in-face moment!

FlipC said...

Thanks, I note they clipped the tinyurl in the print version though so here it is again.

Heh I have to admit the only reasons I scan the print version now is to spot the different pictures they use and see who's been quoted.