Monday, June 09, 2008

Stourport just around town

Big Flickr update uploading as I type, some of the Auto shots on my HDR trials plus a couple of my Paint Shop Pro experiments; some of the pavements before they 'iced' them, and some of the roads which are starting to break up exactly the way I predicted. I also loaned my camera out to my parents who went over to the Isle of Wight and they've taken some nice shots that I'll upload too.

Wandering through town on Saturday I watched people crunching over the new pavements and purposefully kicking at it, unprompted I overheard one couple calling it "horrible" and another complaining that "it gets in your toes". Indeed the crystalline fragments are already been carried into the grooves of the nice new paving stones and annoyingly into shops. Oh and it's already starting to look dirty.

I've also been reliably informed that the nice map of Stourport inlaid at the top of Bridge Street was done with Italian tiles, seeing as one of the main uses of the canal was to carry goods to and from the Potteries one has to ask why the use of local tiles wasn't insisted upon? The point was also raised questioning the wisdom of putting a smooth tile surface directly in the middle of a stretch of non-slip surfacing.

They did a quick job on the skate-park the part they cut out has already been filled in and re-levelled and I can confirm that the reason for the alteration was indeed due to the puddles forming at the ramp end. Of course it hasn't rained since so it's difficult to tell if the job's done the trick, likewise I've yet to see how well this 'icing' holds up in a downpour.

0 comments: