Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BBC ID problems

Good old BBC as mentioned just I watched Virtual Revolution last night and decided to try their "Web Behaviour Test". Oh look you need to register to use it. Am I already registered? A quick glean of the emails and yep there's my username and the email address I used.

Hmm not one of my general passwords, better state I've forgotten it. Oh Username not recognised. I'll try my email address; not recognised. Over to the FAQ and ah if you've not logged in for six months you need to register again.

Tap in my details and oh I can't use that Username as it's already taken (well yes by me) this would be the same username you're denying all knowledge of? Ah wait a sec from the FAQ they may have transferred my account to the new BBC ID system, but I need to reset my password using the old page.

Huzzah it worked, but what a fuss.

[Apparently I'm an Octopus - Fast-moving, adaptable, solitary. Hmm yeah okay I'll go with that]

0 comments: