Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lidl

Somehow I've been press-ganged into taking my mother to the Lidl tonight so I've just looked up what time it closes 20:00 or 8pm in real terms. As previously mentioned I enjoy taking her out, but this is likely to be a drag as she doesn't like Lidl.

This isn't 'grubbing with the poor people' snobbery she doesn't like the store it just feels wrong to her as does the local Tesco. Ah so that's where I get that from.

Yep me too. Some places just vibe wrongly. I never got on with the old Kwik Save, the Tesco in Stourport is subtly wrong and the one in Kidderminster just clenches my brain. The newly laid-out Co-op is better, but still has a Stourport Tesco ring of wrongness for me which is the same as both the Sainsbury's and M&S in Merry Hill, but not the ones in Kidderminster which I like. The Morrisons is okay and heh you know I don't think I've been to the Netto just in the wrong place.

I can't comment on the Asda in Merry Hill because that entire section of the mall freezes my brain. Seriously it's like walking through a door going from the new part to the old part - my brain just goes cold and starts screaming that something ain't right.

I could say it's high ceilings, but I have no problem in warehouses, B&Q etc. and some of the weird 'uns have normal height ceilings. Just some places don't feel quite right.

2 comments:

Robin-Hood said...

Hi - I know what you mean about stores wrongness! but we have used Lidl Stourport since it opened, largely because I take my mother shopping on Wednesdays, and the car park at Lidl was never full or even busy, and we do all the banking, etc, have lunch, do our bulk of shopping a Lidl and drive back home. BUT Lidl have this week popped up signs saying parking limited to 2 hours or invoke a £70 fine - and there was a yellow clad man patrolling the car park taking numbers with his little machine.
So bang goes our weekly leisurely shop with lunch, and I will have to cope with taking my 77 year old mom, around one of your other brain freezing supermarkets...

FlipC said...

Well glad it's not just me; but does seem down to personal quirks as to which stores are wrong ;-)

I'm surprised at the sudden parking restriction at Lidl I'm trying to recall a time that I've ever seen it full and failing.

Of course if you want to spend more than two hours there are the pay-n-displays which are so conveniently placed in town, there's um, well... um, yeah.

I forget what's the limit on the library car-park? Or if you want to live on the wild side there's the Swan.