Friday, May 18, 2007

Stourport Bridge stays open

Yep that's right it's been confirmed that the bridge will be staying open this weekend and won't be closing as planned.

Sorry I didn't even now that is was supposed to be closing. The first I've heard was this morning from someone who themselves only just found out and wanted confirmation. Talking to the postman, he recalls a list of dates in a leaflet that was published in October, and that he believes it was in last week's paper; though he hadn't seen it. Odd that I can't find a mention of it in our local paper from its internet archive, just the story linked above. Odd that, although I travel over the bridge a minimum of four times a day, I've seen no signs telling me it'd be closed. Is it just me, but wouldn't the best way to inform people using the bridge about closures would be to put signs up on the bridge?

Ah well at least we can rely on the official refurbishment page to keep us informed or the official town site as an up-to-date source on all things town related. <cough>

I've just let everyone around know not to worry, and so far in every case that's meant telling them what they should have been worrying about to start with.

0 comments: