Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vale Road The Continuing

Yep just as I thought. Because all the traffic is funnelled up lane 3 towards Gilgal and as the traffic comes to a halt there it's blocking off the opening to allow traffic back into lane 1. This is turn leads to the normal queue in lane 3 with the addition of all the traffic that want to use lane 1 and with the traffic from Mitton Street having priority in that lane.

So a queue stretching from Gilgal down Vale Road, High Street, Bridge Street, over the Bridge and down Dunley Road up to the Common. At the end of the queue I saw it stretching before me, at the beginning of the queue I saw it stretching behind me.

And just to add insult to injury there wasn't even anyone working there.

Just a future FMI the number to call is 0845 607 2005 which puts you through to the Worcestershire hub.

Apparently there's an emergency gas leak and they may have to work down that side of the road (typical as it's only just been resurfaced) on the other hand they may not. Hmm emergency eh - oh yes they were very busy on site this morning.

They advised me to call National Grid - which I've done on 0845 0700203 - they're raising an enquiry.

[Update - phone call from WCC apparently it was a gas leak; which I knew. There was supposed to be some resurfacing going on at the splitter but she didn't know if the cones had been placed for the gas leak or the resurfacing and thus whether they'd be returning shortly. However they are being (or have been) removed. I'm not going to take credit for this, but I do wonder if they might have just sat there if someone hadn't complained?

Oh best bit was finding out the person I spoke to was from Stourport and thus knew Vale Road, although until I prodded her memory she did think it was only two lanes]

0 comments: