Monday, March 30, 2009

A pleasant evening

Skittling on Saturday with the family and others. The Artist and family attended but sadly (?) Bratii Familie didn't. Never mind, I'm baby-sitting next Saturday for them anyway - oh joy.

Anyway I was much taken by the behaviour of Devil Child who when I arrived turned around and happily shouted out my name before showing me, and babbling on about, her current interest. She was also happy to sit by the side of the lane out of everyone's way and would squeal as the bowl came down and showed no inclination to run around and annoy anyone. Once the skittles had finished and the older kids had a go, DC took a turn.

By an astute feat of observation she was happy not only to put the skittles up, but ensured they were positioned over the marks made for that purpose all without prompting and shooing away any attempt to aid. Her bowling skills were as good as you'd expect a 3-year old's to be, but moved halfway down the lane she was able to knock over several skittles with little help.

I took some photos as she bowled and later took some family shots and some singles. Every time I raised the camera the little cutie would naturally pose for the camera. I postulated a future career modelling, and was joined by calls that she could, in fact, start now.

All in contrast to the Bratii with the first words I expect to hear on greeting to be either "Can we play on the Playstation?" or no acknowledgement at all as they continue some form of argument between the pair of them that had started on the drive over.

0 comments: