Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gotta love the Post Office

"Unfortunately we can't deliver your item because there's a fee to pay" in this instance "There's a Customs charge". First off it's not our item as we don't have it, until delivery (which you can't do) it's the property of the sender; if this weren't the case I could get anyone arrested by posting them illegal drugs and charging them with possession.

So what's this item - not telling you; who's it from - not telling you; where's it from - not telling you... give us £18 and you'll find out. And there I was thinking the Post Office was a private business fighting to give what the customer wants :-P

3 comments:

Orchid said...

Hmm, yes… what the hell is that all about?

Still, what are you going to do? Use another courier? Oh, wait — there aren't any! :-P

FlipC said...

Things can only get better?

"worrying lack of transparency" about something connected to the government... say it ain't so.

Orphi said...

Well, I guess it could be worse; you could have used DHL! ;-)

If you recall, last time I asked them to deliver something for me, I had to drive to them to collect the parcel myself.

First they tried to deliver the parcel (late, I might add) and there was nobody home.

So I asked them to deliver on a weekend. I sat next to the door almost all day, but round about 2PM I discovered a note stuffed through the door saying nobody was home when thry tried to deliver.

So then I phoned them.
“Can you deliver tomorrow?”
“Yes.”

So I booked the day off work, and again sat next to the door all day. At 3PM I called them. “When are you delivering my parcel?”
“Tomorrow.”

At this point I realised it was futile to expect them to do what I paid them for. You know, to actually deliver my parcel. So I drove a 40-mile round trip to pick the damned thing up myself.

The Fun Thing is that I paid extra to have this parcel sent by DHL. The other parcels (from the same place) were sent my normal mail, and arrived in plenty of time. DHL was much slower, far more expensive than the actual contents of the parcel, and repeatedly failed to deliver.

DHL. We keep… your parcels. Indefinitely.™