Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My happy mother.

After months of filling out the competition quizzes in a magazine (I use the term loosely with story types such as - I married an axe murderer then slept with his son) my mother had finally won something. Gasp could it be a cash prize, money-off vouchers, a holiday, a car... nope it's free entry to a garden show. Oh but at least it's not a choice of one garden show, there are various events held at different dates so you're bound to be able to find one you can attend. Yeah:

My mum's at point A the other markers show the location of the events; hmm bias much? The annoyance is she said it would be quite nice to go down to Poole (point F) for a weekend as they sometimes do; except on the date of the show they'll be up the other end of the country. Nothing stopping them from arranging a weekend elsewhere, but it's hardly a nice day-trip out. As she said it's a shame it didn't include the Malvern Spring show, but it's a different organiser. I wondered if the winner had been in Scotland or Wales they'd have got a set of events from a different organiser... I doubt it.

0 comments: