Friday, June 29, 2007

Lovely day (for the time being)

Blue skies, fluffy white clouds, and a brightly shining sun; of course I'm stuck inside. Not that I matter much, mild photo-sensitivity, a feeling that someone's sitting on top of my head, and a serious urge to nap are all putting a damper on things. Even if I hadn't seen the forecasts I'd know the weather was heading for a big change.


Talking to Jim yesterday he mentioned going down to the skate-park on Wednesday where he saw some roller-skaters using it. Apparently there's a big sign on the gate up telling people it's not ready, but the fence surrounding it is barely waist-high - follow the logical chain of events. Anyway when was this thing supposed to be up and ready to roll anyway?


They're making a quick job of demolishing the old pub on Worcester Road, makes me glad I took a before shot a few Saturday's back.


Back to my favourite subject, the pothole in York Street's been filled (again et nauseum), as has the corner cut hole leading to the Bridge and town (about time). On the downside the Areley Common outlet into Dunley Road has compressed down again and as before to avoid jolting you need to swing around it to the left when turning right; and the top of Bridge Street is still like a funhouse ride.

Something I did note in passing were the paint markings highlighting the protruding cover in Mitton Street this was one of the items I'd mentioned on my High Street pavement 'campaign'
Might just be a coincidence I'd like to think not.

0 comments: