Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Chugging along

So I got up the photos of the Millfields estate, St Mary's, Leapgate, and the Riverside. I've still got Redstone Marsh and a few other odds and ends to go up, along with checking through some old non-uploaded ones for a photo of the old bus-stop for Don; phew!


For anybody who's been glued to this blog (yeah as if) I've just upgraded to the Blogger 2.0 templates and this wiped out my links and my current reading script. The script needed some minor alterations as Blogger are now enforcing XML, which is the right thing to do. Now if only they'd actually serve the pages as xml+xhtml too. So this meant multiple template changes as I fine-tuned everything and the occasional javascript pop-up to check on values. It seems to be working in Opera and Firefox and that's the main two I care about. Anyway for anyone who happened to visit and got some strange messages that's what was going on.


The tax-disc for my car runs out at the end of the month and, as I try to arrange these things in sync, so does my MOT. So I get a reminder for the tax, nothing for the MOT. It's all computerised now, all feeding into the DVLA database so why not a reminder? Silly me, the DVLA don't get the money for the MOT test, so it's no skin off their nose whether I forget or not.


I've been remiss in not posting earlier about the potential recycling plant they want to dump <chuckle> sorry, site in Norton. So attempts to put an incinerator in Kidderminster and now a recycling plant Norton, wow if they keep spiralling in at this rate, Worcestershire County Council might actually have to site one in Worcester.

Am I the only one spotting the pattern? Kidderminster is close to the M5 and a big A road leads in; except to have gotten to the site they proposed would've meant hitting the main traffic areas into smaller roads and driving through multiple residential areas. Norton on the other hand is right next to the M5 with a big A road leading up to it, but it appears that to get to the site would require driving down smaller roads close to residential areas... hmm sounds like Worcester would be an ideal candidate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WRT serving XHTML as xhtml+xml, it doesn't seem to help. Angerwhale, the blog engine I use, does this, and the blog shows up fine in Firefox at least, but Google insists on identifying pages as "File format: unrecognized" with a neat little "convert to HTML" link. Following this last gets you all the page content, as I'm a good little boy where usability is concerned -- I have a lynx-using friend who keeps me honest with layouts and alt attrs -- but it's a shame to discard the layout.

FlipC said...

Hmm of course Google=Blogspot, could there be a pattern here. It makes one wonder what their point is in using a XHTML Strict doctype?

I was under the impression Google was a whizz-bang futuristic technological able company, perhaps I as mistaken.