Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Multiple copies on one A4 sheet in Microsoft Word

I'm printing some A6 A5 flyers off; just the one page and as it was mostly text it was done in Word. So you tell it to print and you select "4 per page" in the print dialogue box and you get a single page with one copy of the flyer sitting top-left. Okay let's try printing off four copies.

Four pages with a single flyer sitting top-left.

The trick is in being specific - in the page range section tell it that you want to print page 1 and page 1 and page 1 and page 1 by typing "1,1,1,1" without the quotes.

Okay now say you want 12 flyers how many copies do you print? Not 12 instead 3; you're printing 3 pages of the set (1,1,1,1). For 100 it'll be 100/4 or 25 of the set (1,1,1,1).

Logical, but potentially confusing if you approach it from the wrong point of view.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
I have been working out how to do this for ages.

Anonymous said...

This is very useful, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Perfect thank you, I used this method to print 2 copies per A4 page using 1,1.

Thanks for the help

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have been having no luck solving this problem on my own. This worked!

Anonymous said...

Dude, so grateful! I've been tearing out what hair I had left. And this came up on about the third page of search results yet it's the first one to actually answer my question! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!! Worked perfectly first try following your simple instructions (after too many attempts to count and several reams of paper from my own attempts).

Carole said...

Thanks so very much! Have been trying each and every way for hours and then your 1 1 1 1 solution worked a treat.