Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Washed out weekend

Ah Spring Bank Holiday, so of course it started raining on Sunday and stopped somewhere in the middle of Monday evening. Highly annoying as I'd planned on heading up to Hartlebury Castle accompanied by the Bratii to see the Sir William Gascoigne’s Fellowship's recreation of 15th Century life.

They came over anyway and I entertained them, off-loading the two PS2 Lego Star Wars games onto Major in the process for a tenner. I'd noticed the Complete Saga for PS3 had dropped to £25 on Amazon and browsing around saw Woolies also had it at the same price so I ventured into Kiddy on Saturday to have a look for that and some other odds and ends I had to get while there anyway. Indeed Woolworths had the game in stock at £25, I chuntered over to the nearby Game store (of whom I possess a loyalty card) and found it there priced at £35. Locating a manager-type I held up the game for him to see -
"Woolworths are doing this for £24.99" I stated
He looked at me with a blank expression as if waiting for the punchline
"So can you do it for the same price?" I continued
"No" he said bluntly and with what seemed faint surprise that I'd even asked
"Okay", I said "I'll get it from there then" and then walked out and back across to Woolies where I picked it up.

Across to WHSmith's book store to see if the W40k Blood Angels Omnibus was out yet, yes Dan I'm a complete saddo :-) Anyway it wasn't and checking it isn't until the 2nd June, I'd got the dates muddled. While standing there I accidentally overheard someone reading the synopsis for Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere then looking at American Gods and commenting to her companion on how she'd been introduced to his writing, I headed over to WHSmith's fairly decent comic collection for a shufti and as she passed me to go upstairs I pointed out the Sandman collection to her which, it turned out, she didn't know existed. Ah it's good to turn the young (well young compared to me) to literature they might not even have thought to look at.

Back home I seeded the back lawn again with a multi-purpose granule thing. I'd done the same two weeks ago and it had turned the moss and weeds (i.e. the majority of the lawn) black while at the same time pushing through grass quite quickly. Anyway I'm going to try and keep up the dosing until it's reasonable then redo it every month or so to keep it that way so this time I seeded it with a slightly denser spread and ran out just as I got to the end of the main lawn and before I got to the auxiliary strip. Couldn't be arsed to go get some more that day 'It'll wait until Sunday' I thought; hah!

Spent some of Sunday doing a different kind of weeding, spam in my email. I seem to be getting a disproportionate amount in French and the filters don't seem to be catching it. Then tiring of that I spend a lazy time with some books and my new Lego Star Wars which is better in some ways then the PS2 versions, but worse in others. I'll knock out a review when I get chance.

0 comments: