Thursday, November 08, 2007

The recording book of Guinness

The world's most expensive dessert a snip at $25,000 has been awarded a place in the Guinness Book of World Records, what a worthy entry to stand alongside such greats as the world's most expensive sandwich. I'm not sure if this is being entered as it's the most expensive dessert or simply under 'look what I can charge people for a bowl of ice-cream'. Still it is a blend of 28 rare cocoas, 23-carat gold sprinkles, and a truffle so... oh and it comes in a goblet with a diamond-encrusted spoon and a gold bracelet which you get to keep and I'm sure adds little to the overall expensive of the dessert itself.

Pfft what a load of rubbish, so what happens if these rare cocoas drop in price, or gold devalues can the second most expensive dessert rise again? How can you have a 'record' of something so variable and pointless?

So here's my latest creation - I buy a barrel of el-cheapo ice-cream and spoon a blob into a Fabergé Egg, which you get to keep, then sprinkle 23-carat gold dust blessed by both the Pope and the Dalai Lama over it and serve it balanced on the stomach of a virginal exotic dancer (whom you don't get to keep) with a platinum etched spoon carved from the bone of a panda (deceased from natural causes) and I'll charge $50,000 for it; that'll get me that damn certificate.

0 comments: