Friday, November 02, 2007

Playstation 2 games on Playstation 3

So there's the official European list here, the unofficial European version here, and the US version here.

Or there's my games. I've got to work my way through my collection slowly and I can't test everything. If I can load the game see any cutscenes and play the first section that's as far as I'll go before pronouncing it working. If in playing it fully I spot some problems I'll note them down.

So here's my backwards compatibility list.

Destroy All Humans - no problems
Silent Hill 3 - no problems
Sly Raccoon - no problems
Sly Raccoon 2 - no problems. Some minor ground texture corruption when raining, but nothing game wrecking.
Soul Reaver 2 - no problems
The Suffering - major problems; graphical corruption of lighting, and character shadows overlay everything in the middle of the screen when in third person mode.
The Suffering 2 Ties that Bind - major problems; graphical corruption of lighting, and character shadows overlay everything in the middle of the screen when in third person mode.

Damn I like "The Suffering" and it's unplayable except in first person mode (cutscenes are in-game so suffer too), as it's listed as fine on the US 60Gb model I have to put that down to the loss of the Graphics hardware. So weirdly to check on your games in the UK the US site is now more useful then the UK one when you pick the 80Gb model; nice to see where the priorities are.

[Additional - Just to emphasise that last point. Not only can you search directly for a game on the US site, rather then wade through every title beginning with "S", but it also tells you what faults you might receive instead of giving it a simplistic 1-3 star rating]

0 comments: