Monday, July 26, 2010

Dead computer

Walked into a quiet office this morning, the main computer was switched off. "Hmm a power cut?" Nope everything else works just the computer won't boot. I check the connections, all the sockets work. I pull off the cover and take a look. A bit of dust but nothing overly bad. I notice there's a lit light on the MB and the network card shows activity lights. I hit the power button and the processor fan starts to spin up, the front extraction fan starts to spin up, but both then die. The power supply fan doesn't even start.

Sounds like the power supply, and of course I've nothing to match it; so I await a delivery.

2 comments:

Don B said...

We did have a power cut last night in Shrawley sometime after 10pm. I suppose it lasted about 10/20 seconds.

FlipC said...

Hmm yeah something that short that wouldn't have shown up on anything here, but might have just tipped this old computer over.