Thursday, July 02, 2009

More traffic

I did end up writing to the Shuttle about the half-hour trips to get through Stourport in a morning and my proposal to introduce a delay in the traffic-light stream entering Gilgal; it hasn't been published yet, but there is usually a delay if it will be at all.

So only 40 minutes this morning to do a run that would take 5 on a Sunday morning; as this seems to have been going on all week I'm guessing something is causing it. Nothing in the paper about 'road chaos' but then if it doesn't affect Kidderminster or Bewdley I wouldn't expect anything. Looking at the latest weekly traffic report I'm once again struck by how useless it is without a map to go with it.

Sure I know the roads around me, but as I've already mentioned elsewhere it's the knock-on effects that count and you're left either mentally working out where things are and how they link up or, as I did, calling up Google Maps and plotting things out for myself.

There's a lane closure on the Birmingham Road, except that should have finished at the start of the week and a Road Closure at Sychampton Lane which I can't see how that would cause a flow.

Word has it that the traffic flowing from Hartlebury of an evening has been heavy too; so it adds credence to my thought that Stourport is being used as a Kidderminster by-pass (more so than normal).

Well we'll see what it's like next week. If it's back to normal I'm sure everyone will just shrug their shoulders and forget about it; until it happens again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.