Friday, May 29, 2009

Two Houses that I know of

Via The Daily Quail who highlighted an illuminating section of the Times interview with Cameron.

Call me Dave elitist? Out of touch with the 'normal' voters? Nah why would a quote such as

"I own a house in North Kensington which you’ve been to and my house in the constituency in Oxfordshire and that is, as far as I know, all I have."
make you think that?

As far as I know I've only got two houses, what you might have one you've forgotten about or that your wife hasn't mentioned - oh yeah happens to me all the time. There I am sitting down to dinner and suddenly the thought strikes me "Don't I own a house in Scunthorpe, or was it a field? Maybe it's the wife's. Ah well nothing to worry about".

So we've had an MP who forgot his mortgage had been paid off and another who isn't sure how many properties he owns. These are the ones who are supposed to enact laws and legislate on behalf of a population whose median wage is about £25k a year. Oh lots of empathy there.

0 comments: