Friday, November 16, 2007

Just some stuff

A reminder of prior commitments meant my being unable to attend last night's meeting; also meant me forgetting to record the first episode of the new series of "Never Mind the Buzzcocks", ah well I'll catch the repeat on BBC2 later, oh BBC3 then...BBC4? Oh you're kidding me, I thought the BBC were planning on showing more repeats, bloody typical.

Oh well it's Children In Need tonight. On one hand Annie Lennox is performing, on the other so are the newsreaders doing their 'we're serious, but we too can act silly in a good cause'; on one hand we've the two Doctors, on the other the Spice Girls and John Barrowman singing; to top it all the co-host is Fearne Cotton - she's a wild child sexy photoshoot and interview where she said she liked sex and she's got a tattoo on her ankle and everything - woah slow down girl.

Speaking of singing the bloke who ended up as Joseph in the musical (and whose name I can't even be bothered to look up) has an album out just in time for Xmas. The advert starts off with a song that makes me think of furniture sales and Morrison's - it's that mediocre type; of course he shows his bad boy side with "Paint it Black" with him standing there all dark and moody. Trouble is he looks more like a dark and moody puppy, I can imagine a certain age of lady chucking him under the chin with a 'Is oo a naughty boy, is oo, is oo?' Three songs shown, I'm pretty certain they're all covers.

GMTV did its bit for the paranormal with the CCTV footage of the haunted filling station. One women saw it over by the "propane things" I wonder how silly she'll feel once it turns out to be an insect on the camera. One bloke mentioned that the area was supposed to be "an Indian burial ground"; What is this some sort of residual cultural guilt? Everytime something spooky seems to happen in America up pops someone mentioning Indian burial grounds; and hey it's Native American burial grounds thank-you very much. It's a bloody filling station, even if you did believe in this sort of thing I'm sure there have been enough shootings etc. around without graveyard even needing to be mentioned. No doubt a Shaman will be bussed in from a reservation to calm the spirit; if so and if I were him I'd take the money and then be urging the spirit to go on a rampage, wake up any others around, and 'get whitie'.

0 comments: