Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Call that a religious item, this is a religious item.

Another religious post. A girls' school bans a Sikh from wearing her kara prompting much complaints/discussion about religious items. See Sikhs can wear turbans so they should be able to wear karas and carry kirpans. As one commentator said 'A petition by Sikhs to carry the kirpan in places like Westminster Palace etc is ridiculous it's a dagger...' ' No it's not a dagger, it's a reminder of...' interrupted the Sikh commentator before he was talked over. Is this a dagger I see before me? What do you think?


'No no this isn't a gun it's a religious observance I'm a member of the Tupac faith and we carry this as a reminder of how our spiritual leader was killed. Well yeah of course it can still be used as a gun, but it's not... are you persecuting me because of my religion?'

0 comments: